The Castle of the Rose
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Castle of the Rose

Home of the Holy and Chivalrous Order of Her Sacred Rose

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adec's invitation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Adec
Chaplain
Adec

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-08-08

RK Character Stats
Strength: 242
Intelligence: 255
Charisma: 125

Adec's invitation Empty
PostSubject: Adec's invitation   Adec's invitation Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 4:23 pm

Adec slows his horse and stares in amazement at the castle rising before him....How many times he has ridden through these lands and has never gazed upon such grandeur ...

As he nears the castle he is addressed by the guards....

Halt! State your business here. cries out an unseen voice

I have received a letter of invitation from Sir Loyats....He says I am to meet him here....
Back to top Go down
loyats

loyats

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2007-06-27

RK Character Stats
Strength:
Intelligence:
Charisma:

Adec's invitation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adec's invitation   Adec's invitation Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 6:44 pm

"Hold," the Guards confer with one another for a moment before shouting back over the parapet, "be you Sir Adec. Yes? One moment then."

After a while the large wooden doors begin to swing open, just wide enough for another rider to pass through. The man approaches and salutes, it is Loyats himself, as promised.

"Adec, is that you, nice to finally meet you in person," he hands a small wrapped bundle to the man, that clinks as he passes it, "inside this you will find keys to the Bailey, with Chapel inside, I would deny no man access to mass and prayer, and also the Keep proper, particularly the Great Hall and the Conclave.

"I'm afraid for now that's all I can offer. I'm sure in time we will need and want to show you the rest of the Castle, but we are new and unused for the most part, so you are not missing much either.

"If you'll follow me we can deliver our mounts to the stable lad who will care for them while we confer?"
Back to top Go down
https://hersacredrose.rpg-board.net
Adec
Chaplain
Adec

RK Character Stats

Adec's invitation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adec's invitation   Adec's invitation Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 8:04 pm

Agreed.

Adec turns his horse to follow Loyats.They ride into the castle and once again Adec is taken aback by the size of the Castle.As they reach the stable yard, Adec turns to Loyats

Tell me friend, for how long has this castle stood here? It amazes me that it has only now been revealed to me.In the days of my youth I hunted in woods that are but a stones throw from the main gate here.
Back to top Go down
loyats

loyats

RK Character Stats
Strength:
Intelligence:
Charisma:

Adec's invitation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adec's invitation   Adec's invitation Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 8:44 pm

Loyats glances around at the mostly unfinished Castle, and points to several piles of timber and stone.

"We are not currently finished yet, this was begun well before we, honestly, should have. As soon as I received word from the Cardinalate that the Order would be considered for reestablishment I began pursuing the masons and carpenters that might be required. You see, being the son of a Saint might not lead you to fortune, but does give you pull with the wealthy and willing parishioners of some Diocese.

"Ultimately it is not my castle but rather that of the Order, our first was destroyed in a fire during our absence in Cyprus, on Holy Mission. So among other things, our mission is also to repopulate our library with books of the Church and the Order. The masons, carpenters and I have been here for many months now, the council and a few hired guards, until we can commission some from the membership of the Order itself, are much more recent.

"We received License of Crenelate from the County of Sussex, and are currently pursuing the same from the Crown via the Regent. So while you may not have seen it, that is indeed a good thing, for until such time as we have all of our permissions it may be declared an illegal structure, even if on lands of the Church. Still it is good to try and maintain good relations with the temporal authorities in most cases, no?"

Loyats continued to ride, hoping that his explanations would meet the approval of his companion.
Back to top Go down
Adec
Chaplain
Adec

RK Character Stats

Adec's invitation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adec's invitation   Adec's invitation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:22 pm

Yes, Indeed.Thank you for answering my questions.I must admit to having one more though.In what capacity does the Order see fit to use such a lowly deacon as myself?Though I do have many good qualities( forgive the self-aggrandizement if there be any) It seems to me to great and wonderous a collaboration for one who has yet to leave his home town for any extended periods of time.
Back to top Go down
loyats

loyats

RK Character Stats
Strength:
Intelligence:
Charisma:

Adec's invitation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adec's invitation   Adec's invitation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 7:24 pm

"But of course, we plan to use you for the most important purpose of all. As a voice. An opinion. And occasionally a free thought.

"You see true thinking does not happen when you gather many of like mind, but rather many of different mind. You have served as more than just deacon and have had your own experiences and opinions to draw from that we, here already, can not.

Shall we test your keys to see if you can gain access?"
Back to top Go down
Adec
Chaplain
Adec

RK Character Stats

Adec's invitation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adec's invitation   Adec's invitation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 7:29 pm

Yes...

Adec takes a deep breathe and eyes the great door to the main keep.

I am ready for whatever duties and challenges await me in the Order.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adec's invitation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adec's invitation   Adec's invitation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adec's invitation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Castle of the Rose :: The Barbican :: The Gatehouse-
Jump to: